FIRST at Home offers superior nursing services for all of your home-care needs. Our caring staff of nurses will come to you, on your schedule. Whether you need assistance with your medication or a loved one is recovering following surgery, we are here for you.
Skilled nursing services are administered by either a registered nurse (RN) or a licensed practical nurse (LPN). If you get services from a LPN, your care will be supervised by a RN. FIRST at Home’s health nursing agency in West Palm Beach provides direct care and teaches you and your caregivers about your care. They also manage, observe and evaluate your care. Our skilled nurses on call are dedicated to moving patients toward health and wellness. Our skilled nurses communicate frequently with the patient’s physician to update an individualized plan of care and work closely with the other allied professionals in managing the patient’s home health care needs.
In addition, our on-call, skilled nursing staff will:
- Evaluate and frequently re-evaluate the patients’ and/or caregivers’ nursing needs during the course of care.
- Begin preventative and rehabilitative nursing services as suitable for the patients’ and/or caregivers’ care and safety.
- Monitor physical and emotional signs and symptoms, detailing them to the physician, including any reactions to treatments and medication.
- Instruct, oversee and guide the patient’s and/or caregiver’s and family regarding nursing care needs and related challenges the patient and/or caregiver may face at home.
Some of the services our nurses can provide include:
- Wound and ostomy care
- Diabetic Care & Management
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
- Cardiopulmonary nursing
- Cardiac Care
- Insertion and Care of Foley Catheters
- Post-operative care
- Medication management
- Disease management/education
- Nutritional education
- Help obtaining medical equipment
- PT/INR and other lab draws
- IV therapy and medication injections
By using FIRST at Home’s on-call nursing program, you can feel confident you’ve made the right decision for your loved one. Contact us today to schedule an appointment. Call us at (561) 963-8109.